Thursday, April 8, 2010

Hola!

Hola friends, I just submitted this photo to the DBS Black Card photo competition!

Taken with my very first DSLR on the rooftop of Casa Mila back in 2007, I quite like the simplicity in the compo of this photo. The Knight standing in the middle is indeed the ventilation tower (chimney) of the castle; I happened to capture the moment when the lady turned around to look at "him".

It was one breezy afternoon, and we enjoyed every moment on the rooftop sketching and photo taking until the sun went down.  Barcelona is definitely one of my favorite cities; although it may not be as romantic as Paris, it is a city full of life, energy and creativity; it is also a city I'd love to visit again.. and again......and again......


The photo was originally shot in color, but I turned it into B/W to comply with the competition rules.

If you like the photo (plus if you have a facebook account), please vote for this photo here: http://apps.facebook.com/contestshq/contests/24902/voteable_entries/list?order=votes (btw, you do not have to "allow" the application, simply click "leave application" and you'll still get to vote).

Thanks!